Firstly, I apologise that nothing happened on Monday and tonight’s post is rather late. On Sunday night, this sweet little angel was ripped from our hearts:
This is Nebo, my Mum’s beloved cat. We first realised something was wrong when Nebo didn’t come home. Nebo loved to explore, but she was also happy at home. Nebo loved treats and she loved people, but being born on a farm, Nebo had a taste for adventure. Nebo loved to accompany my family on walks with the dog and locals were warned warned about the over-friendly cat who might approach their dog if she got separated from her family. Unfortunately, on Sunday, Nebo was not so lucky on her adventures and she was fatally stuck by a car. The driver tried to assist her, but our sweetheart succumb to her injuries and saxly died at the scene only around the corner from her home. Nebo was just 17 months old.
Right now, understandably my family and myself are grieving. It’s different when a pet is old, you know they are suffering and you have time to say goodbye. On Monday, all I could think about was Nebo. Little Nebo, cold, confused and alone. We hoped and prayed that it was a mistaken identity, but my hrother had the monumentally difficult task of identifying her and bringing her home. Nebo is noe buried under the hedgerow she loved so much.
Understandably, right now a “Things That Bring Me Joy” post felt a little out when joy is the very last thing that I feel. Not only, question 7 (closest relatives) is going be quite hard to answer when my family don’t wish to be identified on my blog. Given both of the these elements, I decided to skip this question and give you a more simple, basic, somewhat fun quiz post instead. It’s not my usual standards, but I hope it still makes you smile.
I decided to borrow this fun survey from Sparkpeople. I think I spend a lot of time on my blog being serious and I thought it was time to have more fun this evening. As mentioned, i hope it makes you smile and I hope it gives you a little chance to know me better. Of course if you want to, copy the questions and answer them for yourself, just be sure to give credit to SP!
1. What time did you get up this morning? Too early.. maybe about 6:40am.
2. How do you like your steak? Medium rare, with tobacco onions, chips, peas and peppercorn sauce!
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Umm.. Fifty Shades Freed I think.
4. What is your favorite TV show? Four In A Bed.. it’s not what it sounds like, I promise!
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Cornwall. Home is where the heart is and my heart belongs to Kernow.
6. What did you have for breakfast? Tea and granola – no, not together!
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Indian, I could eat saag aloo like it’s going out of fashion
8. What foods do you dislike? Sushi. Sorry, sushi lovers. Also, smoked fish.
9. Favorite Place to Eat? The White Lion, Bristol at present!
10. Favorite dressing? Mustard vinaigrette
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? I don’t, it’s safer that way.
12. What are your favorite clothes? My black sparkly t-shirts. I basically live in black and navy. They suit me.
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? India and Italy are on the list!
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? 1/2 full, always.
15. Where would you want to retire? Devon or Cornwall with my love 🙂
16. Favorite time of day? Evening. During the day I’m so on the go that I don’t really appreciate anything, so in the evening I like to switch off and relax and spend time with my loved ones.
17. Where were you born? Bristol, UK.
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Show-jumping usually. I was an equestrian rider for 11 years, I never really leaves you!
19. How many siblings? 1 younger brother, whose name for me is Ickle Big Sis, abbreviated to IBS, how flippin’ cute?
20. Favorite pastime/hobby? Cooking/writing. Sometimes both at the same time!
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? Anyone who decides to take the challenge!
22. Bird watcher? *makes mental note to refill the bird feeder* Casual observer..
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? Morning, for sure. I’d have to be dying to still be in bed after 10am. It makes me feel queasy – yes, really!
24. Do you have any pets? A Jack Russell called Hugo, two tanks of tropical fish and goldfish out in the pond!
25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share? Nothing positive, tragically.
26. What did you want to be when you were little? A spy! I got told recently I’d make a good one, too. Y’all wanna go careful 😉
27. What is your best childhood memory? Oh god, so many. I can’t pick just one. Funny story though, my brother and I had a craft table at my grandmother’s house that we turned on it’s side one day to play Soldiers. Fine, except we didn’t draw the Royal Air Force symbol in chalk to symbolise our force. Nope. Instead, we (very badly!. drew Swastikas. We were never allowed to play Soldiers again after that!
28. Are you a cat or dog person? Both, but definitely more towards dogs.
29. Are you married? Yep,7+ years with Mr Wolfie!
30. Always wear your seat belt? 100%
31. Been in a car accident? Yeah, my left shoulder now clicks and grates because a kid ran out in front of the taxi. He was okay but my shoulder wasn’t. I now have a horrific poem about my shoulders because I also have hypermobility in my right shoulder:
(Points to left shoulder) “This is the one that clicks and grates and this is the one (pointing to right shoulder) that dislocates!”
You’re welcome 😉
32. Any pet peeves? Smileys as a response. Like where are we going from here? You don’t want to talk to me anymore? That’s fine, I got stuff to do, too. Also, weirdly, perfect punctuation in IM chats. Like dude, relax! Nobody is judging you here.
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Chicken, red pepper, onion and pepperoni with BBQ sauce. Trust me on this..
34. Favorite Flower? Roses
35. Favorite ice cream? Tesco’s 2 for £3 vanilla ice cream. That stuff is good!
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? Pizza GoGo. Their wings are the best. Also Chopsticks take-away in Clifton for the tastiest Chinese food in Bristol. Thumbs up, you guys!
37. How many times did you fail your driver’s test? I haven’t taken it yet. Look, the last time I had a driving lesson, I ploughed through a bed of daffodils to avoid a cyclist.. Yellow. Yellow everywhere.
38. From whom did you get your last email? WordPress with the email login thingamy.
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Probably Argos (basically the UK equivalent of Target). “Hey Matt, look! A thing we don’t need but I’ll definitely find room for!”. He knows what I’m like.. Oh, or Ikea. Ikea follows exactly the same rules, plus, there’s food..
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? Played Truth or Drink, that was fun..
41. Like your job? Running the home? Blogging? Sure!
42. Broccoli? Nope. kale or spinach for this girl.
43. What was your favorite vacation? Cornwall. Not exactly just a vacation, though. More here.
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? Matt and my family.. ages ago now! Dinner out feels more like a distant memory!
45. What are you listening to right now? Watching, Ramsay’s 24 Hours To Hell And Back
46. What is your favorite color? Green
47. How many tattoos do you have? None
49. What time did you finish this quiz? 00:36
50. Coffee Drinker? Nope.
I hope you enjoyed this post. If you decide to take the challenge, please do link me. I’d love to read your answers!
Be Bold, Be Bright, Be Beautiful,